Friday, June 22, 2012

Hello from BlogPaws 2012!

And, first off, I have to give a super duper thank you, and shout out, to Chronicles of Cardigan, for giving away a pass to BlogPaws, making this event possible for us.

We arrived yesterday evening in time to do a little walking around and enjoy a great dinner reception. Pallo spent most of his time over at the Fun Park, where they have people and toys ready to watch your dog while the human half of the equation enjoys some leash-free time. Koira played a little at the fun park, but burned up her paws on the carpet, so accompanied me to dinner while Pallo stayed to play.

Best Friends picture at the Nutrish booth
Pallo and Koira, learning about Social Media at the Rachel Ray Nutrish booth
Today was a super full day with speakers during meals (both of the dogs spent breakfast time in the Fun Park), and some great educational sessions about a huge variety of topics. I had a bit more time to go around and check out all the booths of the sponsors. Koira accompanied me to that, as she officially was no longer allowed play time on the carpet after burning her hock until it bled by playing so hard (Pallo had no issues with his feet despite spending almost all day in the park playing fetch, and neither did any other dog I heard of). Every time we walked anywhere near the Fresh Pet booth, Koira would try to pull me over there. Since she got a nice handout every time, it was no wonder. I think Fresh Pet is by far Koira's favorite booth.

Koira's favorite booth
Koira begging for (and getting) yet another tasty sample at the Fresh Pet booth
I think the hardest part of BlogPaws is choosing which topic sessions to attend. It is so hard to choose for some of them!

Pallo, tired after a long day at BlogPaws
Pallo is super tired, as he spent the entire day in the Fun Park playing fetch
Well, the dogs are both totally exhausted and ready to sleep solid through the night. I'm going to have to get more pictures tomorrow before the end of this event, as I have been sadly lacking in the photo department!

Tired Koira at BlogPaws
Koira loves being social at BlogPaws, but is super tired by the end of a hard day of socializing!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Y'all,

    Oh gee golly! What a fun time I'm missing! :( But my Human doesn't travel unless necessary during the hot summer months and the meany won't let me travel either!

    Just wanted to stop to see how your week went. Hope it's great! Wishin' y'all a great and a wonderful summer and a wonderful fun weekend! Sounds like it's off to a GREAT start! Stay cool!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! Have fun for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pallo, Hey Koira, Jet here.

    Thanks for sharing your experiences, we must live vicariously (vocab builder).

    A fun park for K9? Oh man, that's the best thing I've ever heard. We must save our biscuit money for next year for sure!!! Have a great time... tell us more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We found you on the blog hop! Can't wait to follow...

    Sugar the Who

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys,

    It was so great to meet you!!

    Ooooh yes that Freshpet booth was very tasty - I ate the whole lot off the table when I visited - Tee Hee

    I know how you feel though, I'm totally pooped too :)

    Wags to all

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! It sure sounds like you guys are having an awesome time! I just love the zonked out pictures of Koira and Pallo!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom says BlogPaws was terrific! She ran into you pups a couple of times & was so impressed with how good you were! I'm hoping that I can go next year when she can drive there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was wonderful to meet you at Blogpaws! Looks like you guys had a blast sampling the treats too! Mama says Hi. Hope you are having a great monday!

    ~Weinerful Gang~

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was so great to meet you Crystal. The blogosphere is such a massive place. Each Blogpaws it becomes a tiny bit smaller. Thanks for being there!

    ReplyDelete