Friday, March 11, 2011

The sun was out today

To us, that means time to hit the park. We have an awesome local park that is not fenced, but available for off leash play time all winter. In the summer, it is leash-only as it doubles for sporting fields for little legue baseball, t-ball, soccer, and other sports. We have less than a month left of off-leash time there this year, so have to enjoy every sunny minute possible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I like this park a lot. It is huge, so if you don't want to be around other people or dogs, you can easily walk one of the back trails through the woods, or walk along the outside edge of the fields, instead of taking the main path through. And, since it is not fenced, people actually pay attention to their own dogs way more than in most dog parks.

We started off just walking through the park, seeing who was there, and saying hi to everyone. Then I headed back to the car to pick up the frisbee and my camera, and we got to serious dog-tiring work.

My lack of a stellar camera makes frisbee-catching pictures a bit of a challenge, but I liked how this one turned out after some editing, though it was still a little dark in the end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

With no ball around to play with, Pallo got some frisbee action in too, even making his first good in-the-air catch today. Ball is still his main game though, and everytime someone walked by with a chuck-it I had to work hard to keep Pallo's attention on me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira quickly got too hot, and found the nearest puddle to lay down in.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She even insisted on drinking the nasty puddle water, which I suppose is much less nasty after all winter of being rained on that it would be in the summer when they are actually grooming the sporting fields.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo even got in the puddle too, though he was nice enough not to lay down and wallow like a pig, the way Koira loves to do. Given that he has a much longer coat than her, I appreciate it.

Pallo wonders though if this picture makes his butt look fat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After the mud baths, I had to take the pups down to the river for a quick clean-off session. It was cold, so we didn't stay too long. I did get both the dogs into the water after the frisbee though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had to hold Koira back for Pallo to even think about going after it, as she was being a bit pushy, and he is not too confident in the water

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira was being kind of pushy all around today, barking at me to demand that I throw the frisbee NOW. And this, from the dog that I never heard a bark from until she was over 8 months old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And believe me, it took a lot of barking to get a good picture of it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment