Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Gotcha Day

Technically, Pallo's Gotcha Day was yesterday, and Koira's is tomorrow, but the one day in between sounds like a great time to celebrate for both of them.

Koira came into my life three years ago, starting with this picture:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not sure how anyone could possibly pass up this face

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My little girl has grown up a lot in the past three years since I first brought her home

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She is always patient, humoring my slightest whim

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Taking naps when she gets the chance, even in so exciting a place as the beach

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And being unfailingly dog friendly, despite her pit bull genes, from puppy to adult

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She is my baby girl, my heart dog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

She just wishes I would get her a bigger bed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Pallo has been with me and Koira for one year now. In that year, he has gotten his CGC, FD, FDX, FDCh, and FDCh-S, as well as warmed my heart and become Koira's fast friend and play buddy.

From sad, pathetic, unwanted, ear infected, fat little stray

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To what he is now, as a patient, tolerant, all around well behaved dog. He no longer gets snappy with his feet, ears, or tail being handled. He has a whole collection of tricks and behaviors, and is always eager to learn something new. Pallo has become that fast learning, attentive dog every dog trainer wishes for at some point.

Just look into the future, the sunny future (okay, the sunny center of a lake, but you know what I mean).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

May he continue to bring as much joy into this house as he has for the past year. I am so glad I picked him up out of that pound, and wouldn't trade him for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment