Friday, February 24, 2017

Fit Friday

I wear a FitBit daily, and I love the feedback it gives me. I enjoy doing challenges with friends to see who can get the most steps in a day, a weekend, or during the workweek. I also find some of my own trends pretty funny. (I paid for my own FitBit, and get absolutely nothing by talking about it on my blog.)

This past weekend, one of the flyball clubs I belong to (I am a member of two clubs) hosted a tournament. My other club ran two teams on Saturday, and one on Sunday. I helped with set up on Friday, ran Koira and Ptera both on Saturday on two different teams, and then worked a tournament job on Sunday. This is my FitBit chart for Fri-Mon.

Flyball Steps
Can you guess what I did on Monday?


I will just say that I hurt a lot by Sunday evening. I was actually in two Weekend Warrior challenges. I won one of them, came in third on the other. Had Friday counted, I would have won both of them hands down. Had Monday counted, I would have crashed and burned on both!

I took Monday as a total rest day, and was back at it on Tuesday for my weekly flyball class that I teach, as well as working my regular job. It has been a busy week, and feels all the busier for how much I did over the weekend.

Are you a total "weekend warrior" or do you manage to balance your exercise out better than this? Most of my weeks aren't quite this bad, but I do tend to do a lot on my days off, and not much on days I have to work.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how it feels to have those kinds of big days--somehow in the summer I always find myself mowing the lawn on days that Barley and I have agility class and I'm always grateful my tracker band can't talk to me on the day after that when I curl up with a book or Netflix for the entire day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mum does a weekday one…although Wednesdays are work at home days and she doesn't score much mileage going from bed to the table to work, hehe
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome chart to show people who aren't sure flyball is for them. If you want to get out and burn through some steps, this seems like the way to do it! (As an aside, I was a total FitBit addict until I broke my leg last month. Now, the data depresses me because I'm still not walking yet. Hoping to get back to it soon! And I'm sure my dogs hope I heal up soon, too!)

    Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seriously thinking about getting a fit bit - I think it would be fun to track my activity.

    ReplyDelete