Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Not exactly a wordless Wednesday

Poor Koira hurt herself at the park. The vet this morning believe it to be a soft tissue injury, likely a pulled muscle in her shoulder or upper leg. So, Koira is on crate/leash rest for at least two weeks, along with twice daily rimadyl. If she isn't improving in a week, we will be getting an ultrasound done to check out her tendons. Hopefully she will be getting better by then, making it a non issue. I'm going to try to get in to see the chiroprator with her, since it won't hurt to get an adjustment and might end up helping.

At the park, about five minutes before the limping.

11 comments:

  1. Oh bummer :( I hope she feels better soon, although not too much better until after the crate rest is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. Poor girl. Did the vet say anything about massage or passive range of motion? I know that could help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwe! Poor Koira! I hope she gets better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! So sorry to hear she hurt herself. If your chiro vet offers cold laser therapy, try that. It seems to work wonders for my gimpy Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Y'all,

    Koira my paws are crossed that you get better before your check up time!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. I hope it's just something simple. Poor pup. Crate and leash rest are no fun for any dog, especially an active one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always when you least expect it! I hope the adjustment helps her heal quickly- she's too athletic for bed rest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I hope she feels better soon! Keep us updated on her progress please!

    LizAnn

    All4UrPet Representative

    http://all4urpet.com/



    Check out the App store for Android and iPhone to download our mobile application! Simply search All4UrPet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alright.... First: I APOLOGIZE for only commenting ONCE. That is SO unlike me!! :-(
    Second: What kind of dogs are Koira and Pallo? Do you know? They LOOK just about as UNIQUE as their NAMES are!! ;-D
    Third: GET WELL KOIRA!! ;op
    Fourth: Happy Friday the 13th!! :-O

    ReplyDelete