Saturday, January 28, 2012

Muddy Sunday


With Koira's leg feeling better this past week, I have been slowly allowing her more activity. We are biking (at a slow trotting pace for her) about 10 minutes per day. She has been enjoying the activity I think, but it still isn't nearly enough to make a dent in all her pent up energy.

Today I went down to Goodwill to pick up some stuff, and took Koira into the store with me (the local Goodwill always allows dogs, but I double check every time I go there, asking before bringing her in). After a mentally exciting store adventure, I decided it would be safe for the dogs to go to the park for a few minutes. Both pups enjoyed themselves a lot, running around in the mud and sun. Koira had to have a thorough mud bath before we went home.

And, for those who have been asking about the breeds of my dogs- Want to have a go at guessing? Koira is the easy one, though her coloring throws people off often enough. Pallo, however, is like some kind of party game to try to guess his breed. Someday, I will send off to have him DNA tested. Until that day, your guess is as good as mine!

8 comments:

  1. It cracks me up how much Koira loves the mud! Great pictures! I'm glad to hear her leg is doing better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you!! ;)
    I understand.... Pallo is a "Mystery Dog", just like my ROSE!! Nobody knows what "breed" of canine she is, either.... NOT EVEN OUR VET!! ;-}
    So I GUESSED. I looked up PUREBREDS in my dog books. I "misdiagnosed" her.... TWICE. I asked FRIENDS and NEIGHBORS. Their unanimous answer? Beagle/German Shepherd!! "Mystery Dogs" are THE BEST!! ;op
    Is Koira.... A Pit Bull?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mesa has mud radar and always finds a bunch to lay in

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We left you an award over on our blog today. http://kendalldog.com

    Pass it on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh god mud bath indeed, how on earth do you cope keeping them clean all the time or is your house very brown and crusty now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky for me, Koira dries off in a few minutes. The mud dries and flakes off all by itself. Meaning that unless we go somewhere with particularly stinky mud, she always comes home clean!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still like the Valhund mix idea for Pallo. You never know!

    ReplyDelete