Saturday, March 26, 2011

Flyball practice, and the Blog Hop

Well, as per my vet's instructions, I took Koira to flyball practice. We were asked to do our normal activities, and then see if any of them were linked to or lead to limping.

Flyball does not, apparently, lead to any limping or stiffness. At least it doesn't this week.

Koira, however, did four FULL RUNS! We started up really close, and still had a jump prop in at the box, but Koira did four full runs, all the way down there, all the way back with the ball, with a pretty nice look turn in at the box. She only did the spin and refuse to go once, when she could obviously see one of her balls off to the side. So, we will be working on some distraction training with balls outside of practice.

I am so proud of my little girl.

Pallo also did some remedial work at practice, as last week his turns were low and sloppy and he was dropping his ball a lot. We spent one of our two turns in the building working on his turn. I think we will go ahead and run with the prop in for a week or two and see if that gets him back UP on the box again.

The second time in the building, we did full runs. He dropped the ball early five times in a row, but finally the sixth he brought it all the way back. We had a huge party with lots of tugging, treats, and happiness, and a trip to the water bowl, and ended on a great note.

Now, if you would, please join me in the Saturday Pet Blog Hop.



You can sign up your blog, or just follow along with everyone else in the Blog Hop.

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Your dogs are lovely. I have to admit that I have never even heard of flyball before! :) I'll be following your blog and learning more about it as we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to find a fellow Pacific Northwesterner via Blog Hop! I'm signing on to follow Koira and Pallo; Alanis and Miro hope you'll follow them back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    I found you on the blog hop today too and HAD to be come a follower.

    My family LOVE watching Flyball and saw some great Flyball action at Crufts the other week.

    Love and licks, Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to check out youtube to learn about flyball...how fun it looks!

    Thanks for hopping by my PBH post to introduce yourself. Have a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by from the Blog Hop. We look forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wondered what fly ball is, whatever it is it sounds like fun! Thanks for stopping by our blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, we just found you!

    When I first saw the picture of Pallo on the sidebar I thought he was a big 'ole shepherdy dog. And then I saw the other picture of him and OMG!!!!! He's got a huge shepherd head on a little corgi body! He's SO CUTE! I bet he does make an awesome flyball dog.

    Anyways, just sayin' hi.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi and thanks for dropping by Bocci's Beefs! Very nice blog you have here-we just became followers. When you have a chance, hop back over-we'd love to have you as an official "Follower" and for you to "Like" our Facebook page, if you would be so kind:-)

    We're off to add you to our blogroll!

    Bocci and Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone who stopped by from the Blog Hop, and all the new followers from this event. I enjoyed my first blog hop day, and am looking forward to following all your blogs as well.

    And for all the dog lovers out there who haven't heard of flyball, or don't know what its all about, I welcome you to stick around, see what this amazing sport is, and accompany me and my dogs through our training adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy!

    Thanks for hopping over to our blog yesterday. I'm a follower now, and I love your cute pups! I'm looking into starting flyball with Skye, but I think agility will always be our game of choice. See you later!

    ReplyDelete