Friday, October 18, 2013

FitDog Friday: Flyball Striding

Last Friday, I linked to a post about training striding in flyball. This week, I thought I would share a video of Koira running at practice. The video shows her from the fourth jump, to the box, on the box, then back to the jump again. You can see that she takes three strides between the jump and the box, and then three strides again from the box to the jump.

Her box turn is very sloppy. She is double hitting (repositioning her feet on the box before pushing off). I think her box turn is never going to be something to be proud of. But I seriously love this dog. She has taught me so much, and been so patient with all of my mistakes. Because of her, I will be a much better trainer when I get my next flyball dog.

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun to watch - thanks for sharing this. I think she looks great, but I obviously don't know the intricacies of flyball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flyball is such great exercise for dogs...and beautiful to watch too...I see what you mean about her turn...I was wondering if there was a penalty for knocking over the obstacle

    ReplyDelete