Wednesday, June 8, 2011

We finally got to play

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo is so happily tired. We did, previous to my really really long weekend, get to go play some flyball.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo ran really good, even for my cousin Bre when I handed Pallo off to her for our second round in practice (we run 3 groups in practice, each group going twice). He ran a little slow for her on the return, because she has not yet developed the pure volume needed for flyball yelling, but he ran good and clean.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira ran in a two dog lineup against a single dog, and did good. She still fumbles at the box some, and I have pretty much trained her to return without the ball if it goes flying and she can't find it, but the runs where she was clean at the box were clean entirely.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of the 7 runs she did, she only did one false start, which was my fault in trying to start her too far back (right now, for her, 10 feet is our maximum distance). Then, she slammed into me really hard to get her tug. I am now in a wrist brace (and sling, when I remember to wear it) for a few weeks or it stops hurting.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

But, as its said, "Its not flyball until there's blood!"

We ended up with a ton of fun from flyball, and despite the wrist injury, we had a great time. Plus, we have working lineups for the July tournament coming up. Koira will be running one day. She will for sure be doing warm ups, and depending on how her warm up runs go, she might get to run in some races. Its a big deal for us, after so much time spent in training, but I'm looking forward to it, and I think this time, she is finally ready for a tournament.

G3G4G3PJ3TBY

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your wrist...ouch! I think this past weekend was the first time I walked away from a tournament with no scratches, bruises or something hurting (could be because it was only a one day tournament lol)

    Glad to hear practice went well. Sounds like Koira is making some great progress. Can't wait to hear how the tournament goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleased to read that Koira is putting it all together. It will be a day for celebration when she gets to race and it sounds like it's not far away:)

    Shame about your wrist, hope it comes right soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool they got to play! It amazes me how much dogs love to RUN. I wish I did! I love your nose pics... I might have to take some close up nose pics now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the wrist is feeling better. Absolutely great photos! Especially the nost :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your wrist :-(

    Great pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete