Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Long weekend

The weather this weekend was simply amazing. Bright blue skies, warm sunlight. And I worked all weekend. A total of 37 hours in 3 days actually, taking up pretty much every daylight hour. So yesterday, I took the dogs out for a long bike ride to make up for the sedentary weekend (though my cousin did come stay with us and take the dogs out for me).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We found a really neat wooden dock that I've never seen before, lending a perfect setting for my taking-pictures-of-my-dogs obsession.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The taking-pictures-of-my-dogs obsession was met in kind by my taking-pictures-in-macro obsession, and the two spent the day duking it out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo's feet were a popular subject, but unfortunately, he is past due for a nail trim, and now the whole world gets to see it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And of course, there was the requisite dog torture to get good pictures, involving throwing sticks just out of reach.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sometimes its a wonder to me that my dogs still like me with all the ridiculous stuff I make them do.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I must not be very interesting to them when I am on the ground, hanging half over the side of a dock, snapping pictures.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira finally figured out that it was safe to jump off the dock to get the stick, and was showing off her muscles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo had to be "helped" into the water, but did manage to leap back onto the dock like a large, furry fish. (Sometimes there are just those pictures that despite cutting off a nose, head, or body part, you just have to share them anyway.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There were many more pictures taken later, and closer up, but I think they will be saved for another post, as this one is getting really picture heavy already. I don't want to slow down loading the page too much.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And, as per request from Greyhounds CAN Sit, I will go ahead and share what my new camera is. First off, I bought it used from Craigslist for $35. The original posting asked for $50, and I was able to negotiate them down. This is the Kodak EasyShare Z650. I don't have any of the lens attachments for it, so it is just the straight camera (at least for now). Pictures are then edited in PhotoScape, for lack of any better free photo editing program.

7 comments:

  1. That looks like a great place to teach your awesome dogs how to dock dive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING pics, thanks for sharing!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place to visit. The dogs look like they had a wonderful time. The pictures are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey there coming over from blog hop...i love the pictures, especially the ones of the paws :)
    ♥yuki

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great photos, thanks for telling me about your camera, I'm very impressed with what you're getting it to do! I've got a Mac computer now, but when I had a PC I loved using PhotoScape! Sadly there isn't a Mac version:(

    Love that bridge, Frankie would enjoy jumping off it. Beryl might take a bit of persuading to even walk on it, lol.

    I envy Pallo's 'long' toenails, Beryl's are talons compared to his.

    ReplyDelete