Monday, May 11, 2015

Take Pictures With Your Dogs

Take pictures with your dogs, not just of your dogs.

Beazell National Forest May 5th-0274

You never know when something will happen. And when you look back, you will want pictures of you together.

Beazell National Forest May 5th-0266

You might not like how you look- your hair is messy, you want to lose some weight, you aren't wearing the best clothes, you don't like your smile, or whatever it is. You might just hate getting your picture taken. But get over it, and take pictures with your dog.

Beazell National Forest May 5th-0264

I had just finished a two hour hike with lots of elevation gain when we took these photos. My jeans are stained on the knees, I'm wearing just another t-shirt, my hair is in a messy ponytail, etc. Pick it apart all you want. But even though I don't really like posing for photos, I made a point of asking my mom to take my camera and get some photos of me with my dogs. Because a friend of mine lost one of her dogs last week and will be forever grateful for the photos her husband took of her with her dog before he was put down.

Beazell National Forest May 5th-0272


So take pictures with your dogs. You might not get a do over. 

And check out this blog post, because I could never say it better. http://dogmasf.com/2014/07/02/do-overs/

6 comments:

  1. Awww...very sweet. Good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! Thank you for the reminder! I completely agree. Your pictures are really cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really nice shots! That's a great spot.

    I guess I am a true weirdo. It doesn't bother me not to be in the pictures. I have a full album (pre digital era) I put together when my sweet Dylan passed and very few had me in them. I've never once thought, gee, I wish I was in those. Maybe I'm just that warped about having my picture taken ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys look great!I force myself to get in our pics once in a blue moon too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful reminder. Pretty shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder. I recently lost my first greyhound, and was sad to discover that I only had one photo of the two of us during our entire nine years together. That picture is now framed and sitting on my desk. (Great photos, by the way) :)

    ReplyDelete