Friday, July 28, 2017

Stella and Chewy's Cat Food

July Review-6211
Stella and Chewy freeze dried morsels for cats
This month, I had the pleasure of reviewing Stella and Chewy's Duck Duck Goose Dinner Morsels for cats from Chewy.com. (We were sent this product in exchange for our honest review, and received no other compensation.)



July Review-6214
Dry morsels in a bowl
Basically, this is a freeze dried food that comes as small nuggets which can be measured out. Then, you add water to the morsels in the bowl, and wait at least five minutes.


July Review-6215
With water added
The morsels are supposed to soften and absorb the water. As with most freeze dried foods, though, I was less than impressed with how well the water was absorbed.


July Review-6216
After soaking
Once the morsels have soaked, time to feed the cat.


July Review-6219
Being enjoyed
Overall, I did really like this food. Theodore Trex really seemed to enjoy it. The quality of the ingredients is great (like most Stella and Chewy's products). I like that the added water means that Theo is getting more water in his diet at meal time, which is essential for cats, especially male cats, to keep stones from forming or liver/kidney issues from developing.

I would be happy to feed this food again. It does take more time than kibble, since it needs to be soaked. That means that trying to feed the cat as you rush out the door last minute doesn't work well. For me, and my forgetful ways, that means that I would probably have to feed this as part of a rotational diet, probably in the evenings when time is more flexible.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be sure to check it out and see how she feels about this brand. My cat is extremy picky and does not like eating anything that;'s half good for her'

    ReplyDelete