Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Tongue Out Tasty Tuesday

Ptera and Theodore Trex had some fun while sampling a recent review product.

April-4920


I know some people are super grossed out by tongue pictures, because they have told me so, but I honestly don't get it. I think dog tongues are adorable.

April-4910


And so are cat tongues.

April-4906


The texture of cat tongues, especially, fascinates me in pictures. I found it adorable that Theodore Trex was so into this food that he chose to keep participating in the photos, even sitting pretty the whole time to get his share.

April-4902

Adorable whiskers and tongue!


April-4886

Nose, dog whiskers, and teeny tiny bit of tongue.


April-4878

This post brought to you by Chewy.com and a review of Nutro limited ingredient canned food. I think it is safe to say that this food was a hit. The pictures pretty much speak for themselves in terms of that. (We were given this food in exchange for our honest review. We were not compensated in any other way.)


April-4866

For the human side of the equation, I quite like this food. The smell isn't that nasty cheap canned dog food smell (where the meat is just called meat, you know what I mean). The ingredients are good, with the first ingredient being lamb, followed by potatoes, water, lamb liver, and potatoes. So I know a good deal of the food is actually the two ingredients advertised on the label. The texture of "premium loaf" is basically a pate, scoopable, no chunks, no gravy. Perfect for making little "meatballs" to hide a pill in if your dog needs pills, or great for putting on a spatula to lick off for cute tongue pictures.

April-4873


The feeding guidelines say that Ptera, at 10 lbs, would need 1/3-1/2 of a can per day. Since I know from experience that Ptera eats roughly double the recommended amount for her body weight for most foods, I would start her at one can per day if we fed this as her main food, and adjust from there depending on her weight. Fed as a meal, I gave her half a can.

April-4932

Good food. Good dog. Good cat.



2 comments:

  1. What cute tongues you both have :) That also looks like very yummy food :) Milo & Jet

    ReplyDelete