Wednesday, February 17, 2016

WW: Oregon Coast Aquarium

Birthday-8562



With the high surf warnings at the coast on my birthday, I decided to come up with an alternative plan. We went out and hiked at Mike Miller, and took a peek at the beach (while staying up on the dunes for safety), and then, since it had been forever since either me or my mom had been to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, we headed over there. (Did you know you get into the Aquarium for free on your birthday?! I didn't before this year!)

Birthday-8566



Birthday-8601



Birthday-8603



Birthday-8700



Birthday-8707


Not pictured are the otters (who we got to see get fed, which was adorable and fun, since they did some positive reinforcement training with them during feeding time), seals, sea lions, octopus, sharks, various fish, treasure ships, etc, that were all there and fun to see, but hard or impossible to get a good photo of.

Birthday-8725
Newport Bay Bridge, taken from the south side of the bay

3 comments:

  1. I went a couple years ago for my birthday, too! I didn't get in for free, though! Maybe we forgot to tell them! That's good to know! :D Those pictures are awesome and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos - Oregon, a state I've yet to discover in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you can get into the aquarium for free on your birthday??

    ReplyDelete