Sunday, February 6, 2011

Snow Day

My birthday was last week, so for my birthday, me and my family went up to the mountains for a snow day. I haven't been sledding in years, and it sounded like a lot of fun.

We checked in, and then started hauling our tubes up the hill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And then sliding back down again

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The dogs waited in the car, but looked super pathetic.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo loved the snow when he got a chance to come out. It induced immediate frolicking on his part, and a major dose of the Weasel Dance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira is a bit of a naked girl with her lack of fur. She had to wear her sweater to stay warm, but I forgot to put her boots on, so she had to have freezing feet the whole time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I did have the genius idea, after towing the tube up the hill twice and getting hot, sweaty, and winded, of having the dogs pull it up. Pallo did fine, but didn't really put his back into it, so while he helped, I still had to do a lot of work. He did enjoy the way back down though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Koira got excited as soon as she saw the tubes. She normally comes to the river with me every summer, and does some rapid swimming and tube riding then. Watching the people come down the hill on their tubes made her strain at her leash and whine a little, so I had to give her a chance to go too.

Plus, she was a major help hauling the tube up the hill. Unlike Pallo, who gives up when he feels a little too much pull (though not when I am the only thing at the other end of the leash, go figure), Koira really put some effort into it. Her shoulders would hunch forward, then she would throw herself up the hill, towing the tube after her.

And, she had a total blast on the way back down. She knew the drill from doing it in the river over the summer, so all I had to do was pat my lap once, and she hopped up, turned around, and settled down. Then off down the hill we went.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Of course, we only got to go a couple times before the guy working at the ski resort asked for the dogs to go away. Each dog got two runs, so I sent them back to wait in the car for us to be done.

All in all, it was a great day, and a great way to celebrate a birthday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment